dale n : an open river valley (in a hilly area)
Etymologyetyl ang dæl, from . Cognate with Dutch dal, German Tal, Swedish dal.
- Rhymes: -eɪl
- To fall.
Dale or Dales may refer to:
- Dale (part of place name), places whose names include "dale" but which are not named "Dale"
People with the surname Dale:
People with the given name Dale:
- Index to articles beginning with Dale, including given names
- Most popularly, NASCAR driver Dale Jarrett
- Chip 'n Dale, fictional animated chipmunks
- Dale (crater) on the Moon
- Dale (Middle-earth), a town in J. R. R. Tolkien's fictional universe of Middle-earth
- The Dalelands, a geographical area in the fictional world of the Forgotten Realms
- The Dales, a BBC radio soap opera originally called Mrs Dale's Diary
- Boy Scouts of America v. Dale, a First Amendment opinion from the US Supreme Court